I was lucky enough to win my first award from Torie over at Life with Rylie. She’s a total doll with a great blog and her daughter is adorable. Also check out her Etsy shop On Top Baby Bows. She’s got some super sweet stuff on there.
And now, the award:
The Sunshine Award! It’s so flattering to be told that my little blog brings sunshine into people’s lives.
Rules are as follows:
1.Thank the person who gave it to you!
2.Share 10 things about yourself
3.Pass the award along to 10 bloggers who you think deserve this award!
4.Contact the bloggers and let them know you’ve picked them for the award.
10 things about me:
1. I was way more at ease about being a mother than I expected I would be. I slid into it like it was an old shoe, and I have no idea why. I’m beyond grateful for this, though.
2. I’m a worrier. Like, bad. I prefer to think of it as my superpower.
3. My husband is the girly one in this relationship. He is obsessed with keeping his hair neat. His belt must always match his shoes, and he will never wear sweatpants to go get the mail. Me? I’m a tomboy to the core.
4. I was a badass softball pitcher when I was in high school. I won lots of awards, including league MVP. I was recruited to play college ball, and I blew out my knee during our first practice. I played through a lot of pain, and my knees have never been the same since.
5. I teach in the same department where I did my undergraduate work. Many of my old professors are now my colleagues. It’s kind of a trip, and I love it.
6. I was a mediocre student when I did said undergraduate work. I’m at a local state university, so I have a good understanding of the student population that’s there. More importantly… all the lame excuses they give me? I see right through them because I’ve used them all at one point or another. I never played the dead relative card; I always thought that was tempting fate.
7. I have a master’s degree in Interactive Communication. I studied the impact of social media on business and society. I graduated top of my class. It’s one of my proudest moments.
8. I’ve backpacked around Europe twice, and have driven across the US three times. I love me some traveling and can’t wait to hit the road with Indy in tow!
9. I often prefer the company of my dogs to that of other people, with the exception of The Boy and Indigo.
10. I have an affinity for trashy reality television. Shhhh, don’t tell anyone!
Here is my list of blogs that I think add a little sunshine to my day!