Posts Tagged ‘moose’
Okay, Kat… you tagged me, so here goes!
1. Who eats more? The Boy
2. Who said “I love you” first? He did, although we had both been thinking it for a while.
3. Who is the morning person? The Boy. I could sleep until noon if I put my mind to it.
4. Who sings better? We’re both pretty horrid.
5. Who’s older? I’m two months older than him. We got married within that span of time, so our marriage license has me listed as a year older. He’ll never let me live that down.
6. Who’s smarter? We’re both pretty damn smart, if I do say so myself.
7. Whose temper is worse? The Boy is the least patient man on earth and I’m probably a bit too passive.
8. Who does the laundry? We both do… depends on who runs out of underwear first.
9. Who does the dishes? Both of us… we try to do the one cooks, the other cleans thing, but with our schedules, sometimes one of us sometimes has to cover it all.
10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does, although Logan and I hog the bed.
11. Whose feet are bigger? His are, but they are damn supple. Mine, not so much.
12. Whose hair is longer? Mine, although he’s determined to have longer hair than me. Both or our hair is pretty long.
13. Who’s better with the computer? Me, but he learns more stuff every day.
14. Do you have pets? We’ve got two dogs.
15. Who pays the bills? The Boy runs the finances and does a spectacular job of it. We do a good job keeping one another in the loop when it comes to finances.
16. Who cooks dinner? The Boy is the cook of the family, but I’m doing more and more!
17. Who drives when you are together? He does… he gets carsick riding shotgun in the MINI.
18. Who pays when you go out to dinner? Doesn’t matter… the money all comes from the same place.
19. Who’s the most stubborn? Hmmm… he’s pretty stubborn, but so am I. But I think he’s more stubborn than me… yeah, definitely him and not me.
20. Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong? We’re both surprisingly good at this.
21. Whose family do you see more? Mine… looong story.
22. Who named your pet? Logan came with me, and we both named Bobo together.
23. Who kissed who first? We kissed each other.
24. Who asked who out? Apparently he had been trying to get me to go out with him for three years, but I was oblivious. So, it was him.
25. What did you do on your first date? We walked Logan at the beach and went out for Thai. I, however, didn’t realize it was a date until the next time we went out. I told you I was oblivious! Another thing that he’ll never let me live down.
26. Who’s more sensitive? Me… I’m a big baby.
27. Who’s taller? He is.
28. Who has more friends? He’s got a huge crew of friends that he’s known since he was 14. It’s pretty amazing, really.
29. Who has more siblings? I’ve got two brothers and he’s got two half brothers… so I guess that makes it 2 to 1?
30. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We’ve each got a leg.
Bobo’s obsession with everything his big brother Logan does has finally gone to a whole new level. Yes, Logan pooped on Bobo’s head because he was being nosey and wandered too close to the danger zone.
Needless to say, Bobo got a good scrubbing once we got inside.
I had a few weeks’ downtime between my spring semester and my summer course. The Boy finished up his semester and graduated with his Masters degree. What did we do to enjoy a short lull in our lives? Take a relaxing vacation? No. Spend a day at the spa? Not quite.
We adopted a puppy!
Meet Bobo, our (now) 12 week old pug. We’ve had him for about two weeks now.
We honestly tied to give him a more dignified name, but Bobo is the one that stuck.
We adopted him from a small dog rescue in upstate New York. He was rescued off the auction block at a puppy mill auction. Had he not been rescued, he would have lived his life in a tiny cage breeding over and over again… or find himself in the window of a pet store.
But alas, he is with us. He came to us with kennel cough, but is nearly all better now. Luckily Logan is vaccinated against the virus. Since he’s been feeling better we’ve thought up some nicknames for him:
- Batshit crazy
The list goes on… but all in all he’s the cutest, funniest looking dog I’ve ever seen. Logan is adjusting to his little brother better than we expected, so we’re thrilled. Welcome home Bobo!
Yes, you are Moosie… yes you are. Don’t listen to a word your daddy says.
Talk about a company that stands by its product…
I was saddened by the fact that the recent skunk spraying ruined Logan’s collar. I wanted to replace it with the same thing, so I started surfing around until I found the site for Lupine, who is the manufacturer of the collar. I then stumbled across their product guarantee. If the collar gets ruined for any reason, including your dog chewing it up, you send it back to them and they replace it.
I decided to email them, figuring that they’d never go replace a skunked collar. To my surprise, they emailed me back and asked me for a mailing address and size/style so they can send me a new one, along with a skunk remedy recipe (the peroxide one I got from the vet). What didn’t surprise me is that they didn’t ask me to send them the stinky old one through the mail.
So once he stops stinking (he’s much better after the douching), he’ll be back in stylish action with his new collar. The style? Well, a big brown moose such as Logan should have nothing other than:
So, go out and buy their stuff… they have great designs and even better customer service. I’m totally sold!
I have a stinky, depressed dog. All he wants in this world is to curl up on the couch or bed with us and snuggle… no way!
You see, Logan got sprayed by a skunk the other night. He took it on the side of the face and in the mouth, which made him start foaming at the mouth. That was really scary. We called the emergency vet clinic and they gave us a solution to use on him… peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. We had to rinse his mouth out with warm water to stop the foaming.
Once this is done is where hillarity ensues. The list of humiliations:
“My dog got sprayed by a skunk.”
“Ummm… I can see that… Did you come in that door before?” (points to the door I walked in a few minutes earlier)
“I’m afraid so.”
“I was just saying to so-and-so that it stunk like skunk in here.”
“Yeah, that would be me.”
There would be more humiliation to come.
Later on, when we were going over the paperwork outside, it started to rain. The inspector laughs and says, “now I smell the skunk.” Great… we’re like wet dogs.
All in all, people were understanding… they’ve pretty much all been there. I think the final humiliation is to come. I talked to my vet, and they recommended that I use a douche to clean the dog.
That’s right, I have to go to the pharmacy and buy enough Massengill to wash an 80lb dog. And then I have to douche the Moose. (I contemplated putting douche my Moose, but I didn’t like how that sounded). Someday we’ll look back on this and laugh as hard as you are right now.
The good news in all of this is that the inspection went well, so barring anything crazy, the house should be ours at the end of September.